I’ve been following all the great things happening in Vegas. I had to do it from afar since I didn’t get to attend this year. I’ve heard nothing but good things about BSidesLV, Blackhat and DEF CON. Tons of a great information and better yet, a good amount of cavalry talks. The I Am The Cavalry presence did not go unnoticed. I’ve rounded up a few press mentions that IATC generated as the conference marathon comes to an end.
- Hacker coalition sets out to improve critical device security, challenges car makers [PCWorld]
- Want a safe car? Check its cyber safety rating [CNET]
- Hackers Tell Car Makers: Secure Your Vulnerable Vehicles Now [Forbes]
- Hacking group wants to play nice with automakers [TECH2]
- Security experts take aim at the Internet of (unsafe) Things [USA Today]
- Hackers to Automakers: Protect Cars From Cyberattacks [NBC News]
The articles mention An Open Letter to Automotive Industry. Be sure to check it out and sign the petition on Change.org.
Most of the press coverage was around the automotive, but be on the look out for the other cavalry domains. Beau Woods summed it up perfectly to me, “An amazing new day is dawning.”